• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Request change of a code

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Alright, I've been annoyed for a few rounds with the code [ID!xxx]

What I suggest is to make it work the same way as normal codes work.

Code:
[b]text[/b]
will give you bold text

Code:
[u]text[/u]
will give you underlinded text

and so on...

make it plain and simple [id]XXXX[/id].

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Request change of a code

i see no reason against it...but im forced to ask...why?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Well, I find it would be a better idea for that code to be the same as the others, no sense in making it different.

I keep forgetting the damn code just because it is different...

First thing a programmer (as Azzer) should know is that there is a lot of logic in programming. What is the logic in making a code different from the others?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Ahhh, there is the cunning of it! He has applied a set of random rules in a perfectly logical way to give the coding an apparent randomness!

I present this as proof of the Chaos Theory

f0xx

Landscape Designer

timtadams, please take your spam elsewhere.

I do not know why must go to the manual and look for the damn code everyone I want to use it just because it is not coded smartly (logically). Ever heard about intuition? Everyone knows the codes for bolded, underlined and so on, it just makes no sense to make a code for an ID and then make it different than the rest.

And yes it is a small thing, just as it is a small thing that we do not have a "preview post" button in game. In the small things you can really see the brilliance of a game, or the lazy (silly) coding and at the end at the end when you have a lot of small things stacked you have one damn big annoying thing!

Lupus

Head Gardener

would have to agree with f0xx as i started learning coding and the beauty of it that it is logic so even if u dont know exactly what it is you can make a logical guess and using a previewer see if ur right, thumbs up from me!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

like i said, see no reason against it...if your going to have something i guess it might as well be the same as everything else...no harm in it anyway

Max

Garden Designer

I'll be honest, I love the bit of code that Azzer has written to view IDs. I personally find it really simple and use it all the time, it's much quicker to type than to put [ID]****[/ID] and flows a bit better during typing personally. Plus it's easy to use the shortened version of an ID in this manner, which would be more difficult in your suggested form.

Don't change it if it isn't broken I say :p But that's just my personal opinion of course.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

how about we change it all to the way ID works if we want uniform AND simpler...

[f!389457109387 allied troopahs keeeeled the bajeebus outta your enemy]

[h!88388818 hostile bumholders retaliated and messed up some of your holy warriors]

[b!this text is boldfaced!]

[size12!f0xx wishes he was this size]

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I have t ... t ... to ... to agree with f0xx here o_O

Was doing some stuff involving different code and i had to look up a fair few times what the correct way to do [ID!xxx] etc was.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I'd have to agree with f0xx as well, if only for the sake of continuing a logical trend.

Then again, I have no issue simply using my brain to remember the code. ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i agree with garrett...

dammit this shouldnt be happening!!! ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I agree with f0xx, following the standardisation of forum-codes would make sense, I'll see what I can do for Age 5.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Azzer said:
I agree with f0xx, following the standardisation of forum-codes would make sense, I'll see what I can do for Age 5.

Thank you!

<3

Rogem002

Weeder

I think it works ok as [x][/x] and [ID!1].

[x][/x] - For formatting
[x!x] - for bush stuff.

However, it will be cool if they were not case sensitive.