Need urgent help

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Just got sent an attachment its a foto which i urgently need to access but it wont let me.

I try and load it and it says it doesnt no what to open it with, can i suggest something or look on the internet. So i can either browse my applications or my comp can search internet.

Neither option works, tried opening on my macbook, it wont work.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Need urgent help

What is the file extension? Without knowing that i can only suggest trying to open it with every picture file program you have on your comp manually. Other than that? Someone else a bit more qualified should take over ;)

Also when i come across an unfamiliar file extension .uif, .bin or w/e i google it, to at least find out if there is a general program known to be used with that type of program. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. http://filext.com/index.php

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

wps is the extention file which i think is mirco works

Can i open works in anyway without obtaining works?

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

errrr you might be able to open it with msword:
Some versions of Word will open some versions of these Works files; for others a converter may be needed. One is available as the file WP6RTF.EXE from Microsoft. Go to the Microsoft Office main site and search using the words "works to word converter" (without the quotes) and various locations for older converters no longer available should pop up.

Lupus

Head Gardener

/me wonders how many naked woman have to be in the picture for it to count as being urgent?

sorry have not a clue other than what alci said about changing the file extensions.