The Force Unleashed

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: The Force Unleashed

I rented the game, i'm about 4-5 hours in. It's pretty neat as far as physics, the environment destruction goes. I've never seen something quite so manipulable or breakable. Kudos on that point, but i find it to be a step backward in terms of gameplay, plot, controls, moves etc.

The Force powers are cool but about 90 minutes into the game i was fairly bored.

I'd recommend Mass Effect or Ninja Gaiden 2 instead of this game.

Definitely a Rental: 5.5/10

rooney

Head Gardener

i thought it was excellent, but then ive always liked star wars games. 8/10 for me but it was way too short. 10 hours to complete :/ a few glitches but u never get bored of killing stormtroopers in new and inventive ways :D

Illumination

Head Gardener

My son's cousin brought this to the house the weekend when visiting. I thought, "Eh, Star Wars- Go for it!". I should have checked the rating...as I went down to check on them once and saw heads rolling off:/

Ben thought it was awesome- mom thought not so much so;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

having finished it a week ago or so, it was way too short for a full length release game, the length was more akin to an expansion rather than a real full size game. I felt like i got completely shafted in the ending, he dies? Wtf? Lame sauce. It just goes to show a wasted plot angle and a poor choice of scripting. No one likes to see their main character die. Now, i'd have cared more if the game had lasted longer, but as it was i was just happy to get out of a glitchy, bug ridden, piece of eye candy.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext!

marvin

Tree Surgeon

Illumination said:
My son's cousin brought this to the house the weekend when visiting. I thought, "Eh, Star Wars- Go for it!". I should have checked the rating...as I went down to check on them once and saw heads rolling off:/

Was this a cutscene?? 'Cause I was fairly disappointed when I didn't see any dismembered limbs in the gameplay! :p

rooney

Head Gardener

Alcibiades said:
having finished it a week ago or so, it was way too short for a full length release game, the length was more akin to an expansion rather than a real full size game. I felt like i got completely shafted in the ending, he dies? Wtf? Lame sauce. It just goes to show a wasted plot angle and a poor choice of scripting. No one likes to see their main character die. Now, i'd have cared more if the game had lasted longer, but as it was i was just happy to get out of a glitchy, bug ridden, piece of eye candy.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext!

he only dies if u fight the emporor i assume. i fought vader at the end and didnt die

Illumination said:

also there arent any heads rolling off in this game. they kept gore down so it could be released at a lower rating.

let down imo...