nobreakspace (Official community resource - News/Updates)

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: nobreakspace

I would also like to hear something from Polo. There is no mention that the Add-on is only available to Donaters, either in this thread or the website. So if this is the case, then Polo everyone should be made aware of this.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Polo knows.
Polo is a student.
Polo is poor.
People have money.
Polo needs money.
Polo made an add-on for all of us.
Does a bit of money you can get by working less than an hour have huge value?

Illumination

Head Gardener

If Polo cared, he would have posted a comment by now. I'm not paying money for something if the person is never around to maintain it. I actually went to donate and when I got to the site, it said to donate and then contact polo....seems like that would be a difficult thing to do since he doesn't reply to any questions about his service- so I opted not to.

Dematto

Weeder

Illumination said:
If Polo cared, he would have posted a comment by now. I'm not paying money for something if the person is never around to maintain it. I actually went to donate and when I got to the site, it said to donate and then contact polo....seems like that would be a difficult thing to do since he doesn't reply to any questions about his service- so I opted not to.

very good point, this has kept me reluctant aswell.

The wait is for you Polo!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Polo has no need to do anything right now ...
Maybe try PM him or something?
Jeez when i make the effort and msn him i had a convo of 45 mins - 1 hour with him.

Illumination

Head Gardener

It seems to me that Twigs cares more about it than Polo:) Im glad that you had a nice long conversation with him- I dont have or need his msn. He doesnt need to do anything, you are right. People just showed an interest in what he made..you spoke for him and said it wasnt going to be publically available anymore because he was a poor student. That would lead me to believe that he would like to earn some income off of nobreakspace- seemed fair enough and I went to donate thinking that would activate it for me, but it doesnt.

I have only heard Twigs say that if people donate he will be easy to find and reply promptly...if he is so easy to find (like Twigs says) and needs the money (like Twigs said) then I would think he would be making it easier to reach him:p

That being said...why are you speaking for him all the time Twigs? Polo is an intelligent kid, Ive played with him before. Surely he doesnt need you to be his voice. If he just doesnt care anymore (which is fair), then I dont want to pay for something that wont be maintained (or that will deactivate at rounds end). People just want some input- no one is being hostile here. We just want to know what is going on because we thought it was a decent product and were interested in purchasing it.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

If people donate and pm me on the forums with the email address they used to donate, I'll reply with their serial key as soon as I get the message, which is usually within a few hours.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Illumination i am not speaking for him officially.
I am not his PR agent.

I am just saying what my opinion was due to talking with him often, analysing the situation and using common sense to see as f0xx says, it's pay to use.

I persnally made a donation 3/4 months ago and was the first person to do so.
I did this as i appreciated the effort Polo has put in.
Not because now i HAVE to ...

So the reason i am posting here in a pretty pissed off manner is that people are expecting polo to chase others up that havn't bothered to contribute prevoiusly rather than the other way round.

Polo FTW.

Illumination

Head Gardener

No one asked Polo to chase anyone- not that I read anyhow. We just wanted some information regarding nobreakspace. Nobody asked for him to find us personally, a general post answering what has been great interest in the program would have sufficed. Whats up with you Twigs? Im not used to seeing you act like this.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Nothing is up with me at all ...
Polo is paying me to say all this :'(

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i really do think the tool deserves a reevaluation in terms of whether or not it makes a big enough difference amongst the playerbase to justify it being paid for. It seems that it could alter the balance of power, so to speak, quite poorly against new players, and this seems to be the laaaaast thing we want to do.

Dematto

Weeder

I paid for it this morning and Polo gave me the serial within an hour :)

/me has finally put his laptop date back to the right day

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
i really do think the tool deserves a reevaluation in terms of whether or not it makes a big enough difference amongst the playerbase to justify it being paid for. It seems that it could alter the balance of power, so to speak, quite poorly against new players, and this seems to be the laaaaast thing we want to do.

o_O

Ok 1st and foremost... this is Polo's creation that he made. He's not in league with azzer and it's Polo's. If he wants to charge, he can. Period.

2nd anyone willing to pay makes it worth paying for.

I honestly wish the thing wasn't invented or shared. Makes noobi0s think they are geniuses with this game and actually have no skill. they are paying for the extension because they've become dependant on it. it's funny to watch everyone cry when it doesn't work.

me? never seen it. never used it. I still rock out hard on this game. noobs.

basically it's me and 3 other individuals and everyone else is a polo clone. but Polo, the real Polo? he rocks.

Dematto

Weeder

I find it funny that some people claim to be better than others because they don't need 'some silly extension'.

Need it? naah. Handy? Hell yeah.

I agree it might not be for the benefit for the game as a whole, but you can hardly try to make it illigal or whatever.
Only option would be for Azzer to buy the whole extension and implement it for free for everyone to use.

@ IoF, 5 pounds.