WHERE HAVE ALL THE ALLIES GONE?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Re: WHERE HAVE ALL THE ALLIES GONE?

Silence said:
You're an idiot.

That is all

Don't feed the troll, no-one is really that stupid and ignorant they propose some complete, utter harebrained rubbish like that other than to instigate arguments.

Silence

Head Gardener

Enrico said:
Silence said:
You're an idiot.

That is all

Don't feed the troll, no-one is really that stupid and ignorant they propose some complete, utter harebrained rubbish like that other than to instigate arguments.

I certainly agree. Why would anyone think of making the game purely solo

Garrett

Landscape Designer

roger rabbit said:
hmm...here's a thought! ally play is dying...why not embrace solo play! it's the way the game is going. if only 255/1000+ is allied then that tells you people dont want to play this game allied.

make the whole game solo since there's more solos than allied players now. then you can truly have a fight for #1.

now i expect ridiculing comments to start :D

o_O

WTF did this come from? Did Rooney and Kariko suddenly mate and spawn you? I mean only such a culmination of garbage can be collected in such a short time, but by god you've exceeded my expectations. Bra-VO.

I pray to god that Enrico's assessment is correct.

roger rabbit

Harvester

i dont really believe the game should 100% solo but hey, numbers dont lie. over 1000+ players solo? are they all idiots?

from a statistical perspective, the statement is supported by facts. not idiotic conjecture.

im pointing out the current trend. unless something is done, then you will find yourself 100% solo game.

and garrett...shame on you. i expected you to post first. you're failing!

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i wasn't going to post at all. but some peeps wanted a laugh. so I indulged *them* not you.

roger rabbit

Harvester

so here's another thought: why not do your part and create your own ally. lead one! make one!

dont wait for someone else to fix your problem.

honestly...if you all took the initiative and start an ally then 50% of the problem would be solved.

you're blaming solos for the way the game is now. the other way to look at it is people cba to make an alliance because they put the onus on others to do it. do something for yourselves.

stop being lazy and make an ally. you're "this game sucks" problem would go away.

and then dont stop. you have to continually keep up the work if you want to see the game change.

azzer cant fix everything. all the tools you need to make this an alliance game is there. you just choose not to use them.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

ok... really... I'm going to post this all simple like...

I'm in an ally. Majority of players in this thread are allied players... So we have yes indeed made allies and invited others.

You have to be trolling for responses at this point... I can't believe you typed that last post with a straight face.

roger rabbit

Harvester

yes i did...and why dont you make your OWN ally next round. part of your problem will be solved.

and the others that have posted in this round...they can make their OWN ally as well.

now that would be an additional 3 allies. keep them coming. who else is joining garrett?

do your part and help azzer.

Steve_God

Official Helper

roger rabbit said:
yes i did...and why dont you make your OWN ally next round. part of your problem will be solved.
That wouldn't solve the problem at all...

Coming from a leader who has had to spend the last week solidly recruiting to find 10 new members, there aren't many people around looking to join alliances.
People just don't want to be in an alliance as its harder work than being solo.

Yes, it's fact that it's the trend, but Alliance play brought me and I'm sure the majority of others into the game initially... if alliance play disappeared altogether, so would I.

Intense

Pruner

tobapopalos said:
Intense said:
Meh, go get your herpes Garrett.
So sorry.

I sense a great disturbance in the force. As if millions of intelligent people cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something moronic has been posted...

So so sorry :(

No-Dachi

Official Helper

roger rabbit said:
i dont really believe the game should 100% solo but hey, numbers dont lie. over 1000+ players solo? are they all idiots?

In my experience, out of a thousand randomly picked humans, most of them would be idiots, in one way or another.

On to the point you're trying to make: numbers tells us that the situation is like this or that. Then we must ask ourselves; why is it like this? Do people want to play solo, or are they forced to play solo due to lack of a decent alternative?

Pantheon

Weeder

i think that so many people are going solo because of how easy it is to stay alive and do well as a solo now. between the AR and the injury it is quite hard to kill someone when they are solo. even if you manage to send the right amount of troops to not trigger AR you have to hope that no one else sends to attack that person and triggers AR. making solo play alot easier to play than in an alliance where you hope someone is online and able to send defense to you. i agree that it is hard to find people to be in an alliance right now, i have been looking for two days for members for my ally i have only gotten one of the 7 i need. overall going solo has turned into a better option than being in an alliance overall, unless your lucky and are in a top alliance that has good cover all the time.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

roger rabbit said:

and the others that have posted in this round...they can make their OWN ally as well.

now that would be an additional 3 allies. keep them coming. who else is joining garrett?

do your part and help azzer.

:roll: most of us in this thread have also MADE our own allies. We aren't just speaking out our asses or for the fun of it . This is not some we hate azzer conspiracy. This is the lamentation and funeral wails of a dedicated player base as we watch something we love die, or somewhat worse, delivered into the hands of the subskilled, subintelligent playerbase that seems to be emerging.

but maybe you like that sort of thing.

Kariko

Planter

This is a game, this doesn't require geniuses to actually win the game. I think many of you are missing the point and sulking out loud. As far as i'm concerned the big social aspect of an alliance is dieing away, and thats why i havn't joined one or even thought of joining one which was incapable of trust worthy players and defence.

Max

Garden Designer

Just a question of clarification here:

Did the playerbase move to a more solo oriented environment due to in game changes or due to the withering activity of the players? Because it could be just natural that players have lost activity and gone solo. It could be that players have gone solo for the 'tactical advantage' and are just as active as before. OR it could be an element of both.

Do we know the answer to this question?

Steve_God

Official Helper

Max said:
Just a question of clarification here:

Did the playerbase move to a more solo oriented environment due to in game changes or due to the withering activity of the players? Because it could be just natural that players have lost activity and gone solo. It could be that players have gone solo for the 'tactical advantage' and are just as active as before. OR it could be an element of both.

Do we know the answer to this question?
Yes: Tactical Advantage.

In previous rounds, any ally in the top 10 could defend itself from the random attacks from Solos...
Now solos are that big in comparison to the smaller allies, in addition to only having 15 members rather than 20, it makes it nearly impossible for a moderately active ally to get past 2k land without getting zeroed- whereas solo players can do it with ease and not have to risk anything too big.

Ps. another day gone, another 2 ally players converted to solo...

Saints

Harvester

i wonder if the new age will usher in a new need for ally play???

WildDisease

Pruner

Steve_God said:
Combo of a few things:

1) Having less members.
It means its harder to keep a 'semi-active' alliance doing well - as at any one time there will be less members on, and therefore less defence, and more successful attacks on the alliance.

2) Solo triggering abuse.
Many Doro members are constantly triggering on each other, and however much this 'illegal' tactic is, there is no enforcement to stop them doing it, even when its reported to ID1.
And because solos are doing so well because of this abuse, ally players see how well solo players are doing in comparison, and go solo themselves.

3) Less players.
Only a small factor, but nevertheless, its there.

Steve_God, the odds of it DORO who are triggering is LESS than 6%.. You need to back up your claims beyond reasonable doubt, not give people a reason to doubt them..

WildDisease

Pruner

Mattheus said:
Quoting one of Polo's posts here, as its one of the most insightful and best made arguments in favour of removing pure solo imo

Polo said:
I think the main point here is allowing players to switch between solo and alliance play more easily. Currently, if you plan on playing solo, you'd be crazy not to hit pure solo but that means for the next 3 months you're stuck as a solo unless you restart. And if you plan on playing allied, you can't then play solo else you'll be disadvantaged by the lack of the pure solo benefits. I think pure solo was one of the main points that caused the amount of alliances in the game to decrease. Some people seem to think this is all down to pure solo being very strong, especially in the hands of a good player. However, the fact that you cannot then join an alliance also removes a lot of players from allied play. I remember in the past alliances would spring up during the middle of the round as it was so much easier to recruit, you could quite easily persuade some solos to join you. Now, said solos would have to restart to join the alliance but not many would want to throw away what they've accomplished so far. I know I've considered restarting just to join an alliance when I've played pure solo but decided not to as I liked my current account.

I think just removing pure solo would be great for the game. Normal solo would probably need a few buffs to compensate but it's still not too weak.

LOVE that idea.. I think that's all solos need right now.. Eliminate Pnaps but change Psolo benefits strictly to Solo.. (maybe also change the solo benefits to a 72tick lapse (the time engaging pnaps take)
Their ARs should not be nerfed because you noobs are just going to complain that "omgz0r! all i did was bash them and then they got AR too easily now!! omg!111oneone"