what route?

TikToker

Beginner
what route would best compliment my play style?
i like to defend my alliance if i can
Very very active
Doesn't like to zerg weaker units
Likes to have a decent number of strong units then have a lot of weaker units
This is pretty much all i can think of at the moment of what i like to do...
And how is the zombie route? i love zombie movies so i was thinking about this one, not sure though...

any help would be great, thanks.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Re: what route?

Not necessarily. Shields are decent for alliance play as well, as they are cheaper and are much stronger. They help your other troops survive in big BRs. That's just for robos though.

There is no "best route" for allied play. An alliance needs to have good cover against all routes. All you can do is pick one and try it out.

As you seem like a new player, I would suggest strikers. They're relatively strong against almost every route.

TikToker

Beginner

im not that new, ive been playing on and off for a lil bit, but i was just wondering what other people think what route i should go...

philipd12

Harvester

I have gone robo PA this round and am allied and i really like it atm =] although i may hate it when a big RPG comes along and pwns me =P but thats life.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

TikToker said:
im not that new, ive been playing on and off for a lil bit, but i was just wondering what other people think what route i should go...

None of us know what you like. Some people like health routes, some people like armour routes. Personally, I hate playing strikers, and I hate playing PoMs. Some people love strikers and PoMs. The only way to find out if you like a route is to try it yourself.

The only routes I would suggest avoiding for the moment are bunkers (the least suitable route for allied play), extremists, thiefs, stunbots (just because shields and PAs are more useful) and puppet masters.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

TikToker said:
what route would best compliment my play style?
i like to defend my alliance if i can
Very very active
Doesn't like to zerg weaker units
Likes to have a decent number of strong units then have a lot of weaker units
This is pretty much all i can think of at the moment of what i like to do...
And how is the zombie route? i love zombie movies so i was thinking about this one, not sure though...

any help would be great, thanks.

stick with hippies and yobs.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Well as far as defensive minded routes go, head and shoulders above the rest stands teh Protestor route, POM branch which is pretty much designed to acquire, and retain land with minimal losses and extreme efficiency.

It is easy as pie to attack with POMs so long as you keep a weather eye out for Marines, bikers and PBs (en masse) but they are very strong as they have few counters and can acquire and keep land with ease.

There is nothing greater when you are swamped with inc to have a big POM come online and spam gurus + newsies everywhere to stop land loss and to send POMs/HVs to block LETs. It's a brilliantly designed route with it's only real drawback being that you can't kill. Something i'm willing to give up in exchange for it's numerous advantages. Others, like toby, hate POMs intensely....

On the other hand, you can have no better route defensively save bunkers, but that's not a route for allied play.

Max

Garden Designer

You may be onto something with the undead route: it has strong offensive and defensive capabilities through the vampire (a more expensive, stronger coverting unit) whilst having a low eta cheaper armoured unit (in the gargoyle).

However, it does require the use of the P-Unit! And you would struggle to deal with more armoured based attackers. If you don't mind not killing, then POM is clearly the way to go as an active player :D