Large Hadron Collider

Splatter

Weeder
As most know, the largest particle accelerator in the world is being turned on wednesday! Who appart from me is looking forward to it? I say looking forward to, I'm actually Exstatic about it :D I cannot wait to see whether they find the Higgs Boson or not.

Elderveld

Official Helper
Re: Large Hadron Collider

OH yeah!! that thing wat, cost 5,4bil euro's?
Shooting pieces in a loop of 27km! in one second they will make 11245 laps of 27 km.
They are rying to create a black hole lol.

And lots of people thing the world is gonna end on that day since they thing the black hole is not gonna close and soak up the whole earth hehe.... well lets hope not!!

But yeah, im so gonna watch it!

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

i cant wait :D
having been fortunate enough to have been to see it, and wow it is insanely huge and impressive, and being a physics undergraduate i am hoping this leads to some nice new discoveries :D

power to the science!

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Farewell, dear world! :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Right on time to end the world before midterms start. How excellent! \o/

Loz

Harvester

hope it dont get in the way of the football c'mon ENGLAND :cheers:

Garrett

Landscape Designer

lol people. i love all the little ones that are doom crying. hell their respective religions and their factions have been crying for the end of the world for the last 2000 years. so if they prayed and are in the hands of their diety... what's the problem?

that's right they are all POSERS. hehehehehe. if the after life is so awesome, why aren't you dying to get in? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

collider will rock. if the world ends we won't have enough time to care. however, it's not because you aren't that lucky. any BH generated would wink out the moment it came into being. it would be super tiny and basically it would lose all of it's energy thru hawking radiation immediately.

wonder if anyone will be left alive to say 'told you so' - probably the biggest part of the argument for or against. someone is afraid no one will be around to say 'told you so' if it all goes south

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Garrett said:
wonder if anyone will be left alive to say 'told you so' - probably the biggest part of the argument for or against. someone is afraid no one will be around to say 'told you so' if it all goes south

I want to be that guy!

Ranzou

Harvester

Anything with the words 'large', 'hardon', 'bang' and 'hole' grabs my interest ^-^

What? It's not that kind of machine you say? :(

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

harriergirl said:
I like the way you think sir :)

We should definitely subscribe to his newsletter. Also, we should apologize for the herpes. I'm sorry. :(

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Impressive piece of hardware.

Btw, even if it did cause the end of the world (which it won't), you'll have to wait. It's only being turned on, it's gonna be a while before they're actually colliding particles together at full speed.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Mattheus said:
... you'll have to wait. It's only being turned on, it's gonna be a while before they're actually colliding particles together at full speed.

Well midterms aren't til mid october so we still have plenty of time.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

meesa peoples gonna die?

make it happen already!

Garrett

Landscape Designer

lets all show up to the LHC and have a big orgy in celebration of our pending demise?