DORO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: DORO

Maxi said:
I quote the (hopefully soon-to-be) Rulebook:
* You cannot attack any other player if the attack has been "staged" at all - in other words, if the person you are attacking has somehow "agreed" to you attacking them, like a mutual attack. This especially refers to times when this is used in an abusive manner - to trade "free land" with people, to get "free troops" through use of bribing, to gain easy effectiveness, bounty, or lawfulness, to get a bounty removed from your own head, to get anti-rape to come when it wouldn't have done otherwise, to make a valid attacker lose lawfulness when they would have gained it, etc. etc.
This is what I am arguing for. An obvious statement that mutually triggering AR is against the rules. Some of you may think that I am using this as a loophole or excuse for doing it, which is BS, as I have already stated that I am arguing that the definition is not clear enough. The fact that people are arguing against this opinion baffles me, as it can only help clarify the rules to the playerbase.
Hobbezak said:
EULA said:
4. You may not mutually agree to give or receive in game land or in game staff/units/troops from your Account to any other Account or from any other Account to your Account, nor may you mutually agree to any attacks whereby both attacker and defender have agreed it is purely to modify any in-game statistics which includes but is not limited to honour, fame, most distracted, most disabled. Any breach of the definition of "land farming" (mutually agreeing to in game land exchanges from or to your Account) "troop trading" (mutually agreeing to in game staff/units/troops exchanges from or to your Account) or "pre-arranged attacks" (whereby all attackers and defenders have agreed to the attack beforehand with the intent of minimal losses purely to gain in-game statistics such as honour, fame, most distracted, most disabled etc.) can result in you losing access to your Account permanently.
Indeed, mutual triggering is not specifically mentioned. But pre-arranged attacks are, and mutually agreed attacks to edit in-game statistics are too. I think it's obvious one would conclude that even though mutual triggering is never specifically mentioned, it's either under the pre-arranged attacks, or against the spirit of the EULA.
As you point out it is not specifically mentioned, which IMO is the route of this issue. How can such a loathed rule breaking tactic not receive a mention in the rules? Land farming does, troop trading does, but not mutually triggering AR. At the very least in this sentence:
EULA said:
(whereby all attackers and defenders have agreed to the attack beforehand with the intent of minimal losses purely to gain in-game statistics such as honour, fame, most distracted, most disabled etc.)
should have the statistics of 'Total land had stole','Biggest land drop in a tick' and 'Biggest value drop in a tick' included, as this then makes it more clear that mutually triggering AR falls into this bracket.
Hobbezak said:
I find it funny you try to get into a victim role. "People are mean to me :'("
I haven't tried to get in a victim role as you put it. I've pointed out that certain people have not approached the matter with the maturity that should be expected from the older/more experienced playerbase.
Hobbezak said:
you make pretty nice comments towards toby, so for someone who's advocating the importance of a friendly community, you manage to come across to me as a textbook example of a hypocrite.
My comments towards Toby are tame when compared to being called a retard in IRC. I appreciate that you probably haven't seen the full picture, so wont hold your opinion of hipocracy against you ;)
Hobbezak said:
Both in the way you deliberately try to bend the EULA to your own means, and in the way you make the same hostile comments as those you're reacting to.
I stated earlier that I'm trying to point out the ambiguity of the rules, can you tell me how this is bending the EULA to my means?? Secondly I think I've been quite fair in the comments I've written and would really like an example of the 'hostile' posts I have made :roll:
Hobbezak said:
As I said, you cannot read the EULA and not see that it's against the spirit of the EULA. In fact, you cannot play this game and not feel that it's against the spirit of the game.
When I started playing this game there were a number of things that I thought 'that can't be right' about, but apparently are. Bashing someone 30% of your score, farming the same person over and over for land kicking someone from an Alliance and then killing their troops and taking their land. All of these are morally questionable, but at the same time accepted as part of the game. Why would mutual triggering be any different unless clearly stated in the rules? I think the problem that the older playerbase is having is that they are blinded by their in depth knowledge of the game and are unable to put themselves in the position of someone new to the game. If they could then maybe they would realise that the rules are not as crystal clear as they believe them to be.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus...you make a lot of claims of being "new to the game" and how you have been mistreated by the "older players". Maybe if you were a new player, this would be a valid argument, but you are not. You have been playing this game at a relatively high level for a couple of rounds, and you were playing before that as well. 5 rounds in total, according to your user profile. So, you've been playing for a year, and you still get your information spoon fed to you by these apparent mentors of yours? I would think a year is enough to come up with your own view on AR triggering.

As for you supposedly arguing for a clearer definition in the EULA...this is bullshit. "I'm deliberately manipulating the rules so I can draw attention to the lack of definitive wording in the EULA! I'm a good guy!"

I'm all for improving the EULA, or making a new rulebook, but you don't see me going round deliberately taking advantage of the current EULA.

Augustus

Head Gardener

tobapopalos said:
Augustus...you make a lot of claims of being "new to the game" and how you have been mistreated by the "older players". Maybe if you were a new player, this would be a valid argument, but you are not.
I have had many people tell me I am 'new' in comparison to them, considering the amount of rounds I have played. A fair portion of that has been as an allied player, it is only recently that there has been any need for me to have an understanding of whether mutual AR triggering is against the rules or not(as before it was never a tactic that I could or would have chosen to employ). It is only until this thread was started that I have heard people say that it is against the rules, previously I have always been told that 'Azzer cannot enforce it, so it is allowed'. If you don't believe that, then it is your problem not mine.

tobapopalos said:
As for you supposedly arguing for a clearer definition in the EULA...this is smeg. "I'm deliberately manipulating the rules so I can draw attention to the lack of definitive wording in the EULA! I'm a good guy!"
I have already stated that I will not be resorting to triggering. Your inability to read what I have written and understand it is astounding. The fact that there is proposed plans to alter the rules relating to mutual triggering(according to Maxi if I am not mistaken) proves my point, the rules are unclear. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens to find out who is right or wrong...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus said:
I have already stated that I will not be resorting to triggering. Your inability to read what I have written and understand it is astounding.

I have heard otherwise.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I couldn't help but notice you didn't respond to anything i said. I'm hurt, and insulted that you ignore my useful, correct, intelligent, and accurate post. :(

Augustus

Head Gardener

Augustus said:
And one last thing, as it has been made clear that triggering will not be tolerated amongst Doro members (regardless of its legality), I will not be resorting to it again.

Tob I hope this clarifies things for you...

Augustus

Head Gardener

Alcibiades said:
I couldn't help but notice you didn't respond to anything i said. I'm hurt, and insulted that you ignore my useful, correct, intelligent, and accurate post. :(

Sorry Alci, as you made some of the least aggravating posts they slipped under the radar. Reading them again, it looks like you have said a lot of similar stuff to some of the other posts. Please accept my previous posts as a general answer to all posts that fall into the same category, rather than just the people I have quoted. If there is anything you think I have overlooked in your posts, then fell free to re-post and I will either counter or concede your comments :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus said:
Augustus said:
And one last thing, as it has been made clear that triggering will not be tolerated amongst Doro members (regardless of its legality), I will not be resorting to it again.

Actually it doesn't, because I don't believe it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

flava flav says: don't believe the hype

man i love this thread.

Augustus

Head Gardener

tobapopalos said:
Augustus said:
Augustus said:

And Creationists dont believe in Evolution....

Garrett

Landscape Designer

and lo! on the 7th day Tobapopalos rested.

true story.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus said:
tobapopalos said:
Augustus said:
Augustus said:

And Creationists dont believe in Evolution....

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I stand by my original viewpoint that you are retarded.

Augustus

Head Gardener

tobapopalos said:
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I stand by my original viewpoint that you are retarded.

It's called an analogy. Like Creationists, what you believe is founded on something that has no proof. I'm merely pointing out the similarities between your opinion and the ignorant opinion of Creationists.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus said:
tobapopalos said:

It's called an analogy. Like Creationists, what you believe is founded on something that has no proof. I'm merely pointing out the similarities between your opinion and the ignorant opinion of Creationists.

I am aware of that. However, it was an awful analogy with practically no resonance to the matter at hand, so I called you a retard.

Augustus

Head Gardener

tobapopalos said:
I am aware of that. However, it was an awful analogy with practically no resonance to the matter at hand, so I called you a retard.

Actually it is a very good analogy, because like Creationism, your belief is a load of BS ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Augustus said:
tobapopalos said:

Actually it is a very good analogy, because like Creationism, your belief is a load of BS ;)

Not really. It's a matter of choosing the more probable of two outcomes. Evolution is the more probable of the two theories, so I believe it.

However, I find it improbable that DORO are utterly intolerant of triggering, because there have been many testimonies on this very thread that say how many times it is done. I think Drivefast pasted four occasions where f0xx asked people to trigger. How very bad of f0xx. Naughty, naughty f0xx. The more worrying thing is that he asked FOUR TIMES! FOUR! and he wasn't kicked from the channel. Shame on f0xx for asking (I don't know whether he was joking or not), but greater shame on the rest of you for not doing anything about it.

So I think I will stick with my belief that DORO are a bunch of cheating scumbags, thanks.

mrmongo

Harvester

Lol a solo gets someone to trigger so instantly its doro and not one of the 700or so other random solos. As for cheating scumbags...doesnt it have to be completely illegal and punishable by deletion to be against the rules and thus cheating.....?! Har dee har har. If i ever get the opportunity to cause trigger for someone or get it on myself then hell yeah im gonna! Spesh if this is the reaction it gets! :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

mrmongo said:
Lol a solo gets someone to trigger so instantly its doro and not one of the 700or so other random solos. As for cheating scumbags...doesnt it have to be completely illegal and punishable by deletion to be against the rules and thus cheating.....?! Har dee har har. If i ever get the opportunity to cause trigger for someone or get it on myself then hell yeah im gonna! Spesh if this is the reaction it gets! :p

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you locked last round for multi-ing?

mrmongo

Harvester

Oh you mean when lord twigley of shiesterville kicked everyone from his alliance so i made 4emp accounts to see how easy it was to multi and get away with it? Then confessed to azzer of my plans of global emp domination and that its too easy to multi an get away with it thus rendering me an honest cheat under deletion. To be fair i only told him cause i wanted to be deleted cause the bush was doin my nut in an i wanted out. I digress... Wtf does me an my previous convictions have to do with this topic? Other than you couldn't think of something logical to say so resort to offtopic arse?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

mrmongo said:
If i ever get the opportunity to cause trigger for someone or get it on myself then hell yeah im gonna! Spesh if this is the reaction it gets! :p

And some people still wonder why solos get such a bad rap :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.