DORO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Every solo who is sitting in the top 50 sits in an IRC channel, "Oh I have inc, trigger on me".

The one thing which made me play this game, that you can stand-alone without an alliance is the one thing that forces me to log out due to frustration every evening.

When Adept and partly myself made the group it was just an idle channel as somewhere to talk, now it is a network for all those solos who want to work together, which is obviously how the game has evolved.

It's just one more thing that makes me want to walk away, I'm not playing activly or trying too hard this round and it still infuriates me, those who are really trying and playing for the win, well I can't imagine how they feel.

I am having a list of all solos who do this at least once, and I will make sure I take them out, they seem to be SOs and Thugs. So I shall be readying the large masses of Hummers to visit every so often! Anyone wish to join me (If you can't beat their ways, then recruit ene mass so you can beat them at their own game). If they want to play for Value, I'll damn well do what I can to stop them getting it.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Re: DORO

been in doro 2 rounds or so and not been asked or asked anyone to trigger on me

dont jump the gun and accuse everyone please :)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Not that I have done it this round or seen anybody do it (not been active) but it is a legal tactic. Why Azzer made it legal I have no idea, however.

Loz

Harvester

martin join #doro and idle.
noone in here triggers on each other well i havnt seen anyone ask for it :S

Mattheus

Head Gardener

I agree with Martin here. Like I said in the round 27 awards thread, I can't stand what DORO have become. Can't be arsed to repeat myself, so read my posts there if it so interests you.

I'll be up for some DORO killing.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I think you mean DORA instead of DORO

DORA, a womans name. And we all know what women do when they get attacked.
The scream and make high squeels that sometimes can be translated as "HELP"
There's the explanation :D
(okay some chicks can rawr harder then men but iam just talking about standard issue soldiers here, to those vicious monsters out there: nvm just click the back button one time)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I am solo and I am in top 50 and I have not once asked for someone to trigger on me (while I have triggered a lot on other solos, but that was not because I was asked to). Atleast not in a way which I mean in seriously. So please Martin, take those words back, I feel insulted.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

f0xx, I would take them back, but I still owe you a beating for pasting my ID in #bushtarion the first night of the round. I owe you nothing!

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Yes, I am guilty about that I admit, even though it wasn't intentional. But your first accusations are still not true...

philipd12

Harvester

I was in the doro channel quite abit of last round and noone asked for people to trigger on them.
Although I do agree solos do it and it is quite annoying.

roger rabbit

Harvester

it aint just solos that do this for christ's sake!!!

:mad:

i've seen allied members do the same thing. allied players intentionally trigger on their enemies to make them die!

so if you're gonna talk about triggering, then you better expand the conversation to include ALL of the player base.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

roger rabbit said:

i've seen allied members do the same thing. allied players intentionally trigger on their enemies to make them die!

so if you're gonna talk about triggering, then you better expand the conversation to include ALL of the player base.

usually done by ally players in revenge for solos who bash/trigger on them. Now since i find the tactic repulsive i try not to do it unless i really hate the person. But Solos have brought it upon themselves, you can't attack properly, i've rarely seen a clever attack that doesn't involve brute force. This speaks mostly for round 27 as i haven't had enough time to properly evaluate the solos this round. But i'm sure they won't have changed much... i have very little faith in them being able to play properly. So people like f0xx, please go ahead and prove me wrong.

So far, DORA has completely replaced DORO, much to the regret of the 'RA's

roger rabbit

Harvester

Alcibiades said:
roger rabbit said:

usually done by ally players in revenge for solos who bash/trigger on them. Now since i find the tactic repulsive i try not to do it unless i really hate the person. But Solos have brought it upon themselves, you can't attack properly, i've rarely seen a clever attack that doesn't involve brute force. This speaks mostly for round 27 as i haven't had enough time to properly evaluate the solos this round. But i'm sure they won't have changed much... i have very little faith in them being able to play properly. So people like f0xx, please go ahead and prove me wrong.

So far, DORA has completely replaced DORO, much to the regret of the 'RA's

i would say solos do it more often but ally players do it to trigger on enemy ally players who are attacking solos, not necessarily just solos for the sake of revenge.

solos play anyway they can - dirty or otherwise. someone says "im attacking player xxxx, who wants to come?" so the gangbang begins.

being in allies, i see no difference when they announce they are sending on a particular player and the rest of the ally decides to send on that same id.

but by what definition is playing properly? 1vs1, 1 vs ally, 3 vs ally. i dont get what is playing properly. and how do ally members play that is any different than a solo?

allies mass just the same (or more) than solos do imo.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I just see solos massing/bashing more often than allies. Allies prefer to send waves and i'm more okay with that, for whatever reason.

And as far as i know, the only allied players i've seen trigger on solos has been a deliberate follow up attempt as a result of revenge. I'm not saying that's the only attack but it's the only kind of retaliatory attack i've seen on a solo.

Also, solos have no excuse whatsoever triggering on each other, i don't care if it's a legal tactic or not. If you want allied help you should be in a goddamn ally, if you want to play it alone you should only get AR. No grey lines, no grey rules nothing like that. Ar, or no Ar. Period, if only solos knew how to play properly.

/me sighs

roger rabbit said:
but by what definition is playing properly? 1vs1, 1 vs ally, 3 vs ally. i dont get what is playing properly. and how do ally members play that is any different than a solo?

1 vs 1 is nice but would almost never happen, so i can't reaaaally fault you for that unless you get guarantees that it will actually be one on one. Anywho, playing properly involves *not* bashing as far as i define it. If you're bashing it just demonstrates to me that you haven't actually got the ability, skill and brain power to really steal land from an ally. Period. Also, ally members play differently because they 'publicly' announce their attention to work with 14 other players and to work together as a team to achieve a goal. Solos, on the other hand, should be played truly solo, without the benefit of X number of other solos who can be relied upon to trigger/defend/send counters etc. That is shameful, solo is defined as play by one's self; call me old school, or pedantic, but solos should be solos.

roger rabbit

Harvester

well only way to make them truly solo imo is to get rid of pnaps and make AR insane.

1vs1 would be nice but allies out of their duty of being in an ally will always defend.

so if solos decided to just wave, then that would be alright? :)

only issue i have is that i've seen plenty of times where allies mass just as much as solos. i see those same tactics employed by allies (good ones or otherwise). even the top ally last round did that all round long.

if you want to get even fights, then only way that is going to happen is if you raise the minimum attack %. otherwise most EVERYONE masses and bashes. it is not restrictive to the solos.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

roger rabbit said:
well only way to make them truly solo imo is to get rid of pnaps [and make AR insane.]

:winner:

AR is plenty good enough combined with injuries. You should have either injuries or AR, not both. And certainly not both and Pnaps. You can punish an ally that bashes/masses/waves you, you can't really do the same in such a manner to a bunch of solos who harass you.

And no it wouldn't necessarily be 'okay' for you to wave instead of bash, but i'd be less annoyed at your evident lack of skill exhibited by bashing. No solos aren't the only ones, but they are the hardest ones to get revenge on so when we have the chance we take it with a vengeance.

nopjes

Head Gardener

True that Doro lost its meaning( Death Of Rank One) but the point of this thread (doro triggering on eachother) Doesnt not occur, some players might but its not refreable to doro or accountable for the doro group. Doro is open, anyone can join doro, but Never ever are orders given by the doro organisation to trigger, ive really never seen that before, and i think people seem to think that every solo having a friend is part of doro.

Status
Not open for further replies.