Bushmeet UK 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Younge

Planter
Re: Bushmeet UK 08

Can those of us who live close to reading not come down for the day again?
Speaking on behalf of myself and a few others?

Younge

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Younge said:
Can those of us who live close to reading not come down for the day again?
Speaking on behalf of myself and a few others?
Younge

Of course :D

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Did you have time to go past the Hotel in Reading yet, Bobbin? :)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

hmmmm, found a ticket for 100 euro, so i might comeby, if i can combine it with a culture/sight-seeing of Londen. but still big maby as i dont know if I found my new job by then :p

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

atsan, you might want to talk to dennis and dematto, pretty sure they've got much cheaper tickets. Don't forget to check ryanair and other budget flights. ;)

Bobbin

Head Gardener

I have been to one hotel, and I need to make a few phone calls.

sorry I'm late with the details, I've been REALLY busy with work this past week.

hope to sort it out tomorrow though :)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Damn. I would've come if it was September - still in Southampton area until the 12th.
Ah well, have fun!

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Yes that's right, I've finally sorted the meet, sorry about the delay... but ya know busy with work and such...

Anyway!

It's going to be a touch more expensive that i first planned, as the hotel i wanted to use, is actually alot smaller than i thought, and doesn't really have enough space for us..

So costing is as follows. If you're sharing a room, which i assume most people will do, it will be £75.
Those who are grumpy and don't want to share with others, the cost will be £98
And those who can only make one night, the cost will be £49.

If you need to stay on an extra night due to travelling etc, you should be able to get a single room at £49, though this will be up to you to sort yourself (Though i will enquire for you to make sure of price)

I know this is a little more expensive than i first planned, but this hotel include breakfast for the two mornings in the price, so when you think about it, at a cheaper rate of say £60, with two lots of breakfast, you'd likely pay around £75 anyway. Also the single rooms are a tad cheaper here too for those that want them.

WE'll be at the Royal County hotel, which is right in the middle of Reading, anyone who was at the last Reading Bushmeet knows this is a very nice hotel, with easy access to everything in Reading.

Here is the best website i could find for the hotel, i can't seem to find one that's just for the site, and of course i forgot to ask.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/royalco ... lAodQke61g

Payment will be required by late september, i will let you know what date for sure soon.

Remember, to attend the meet, if under 18, we'll need signed permission from your parents, and if under 16 you'll need a parent/guardian to attend and share a room with you.

Also going to start to need definate bookings soon too, so i can actually let the hotel know and make a booking there,

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator

Yay!

I'll probably come again to Reading, seeing as its only down the road for me.

As Bobbin said, this is a *really* nice hotel, central to the Town Centre.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

me and kelsey are on about going do we have to pay you the cost of the room (2 sharing) together? as in like all the money together.

also if anyones traveling from the miudlands to reading i have 2 spaces officially but probably 1 after bags as i think me, kelsey and charlie_b are going in my car
obvviously you'll have to chip in petrol

Bobbin

Head Gardener

you can pay it together, or you can pay it seperate, doesn't matter to be how to comes. Azzer is meant to be setting up a payment system at some point... So as long as ya pay your £75 each to him, it's all good, doesn't matter how it's split i wouldn't think.

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator

15:49:21 < TTK> Mark, can you please post onto that thread that TTK and Hoofed will most likely be attending. I would do it, but i'm not registered any more :(

Charlie_B

Harvester

So they refused to give us any kind of discount for a mass booking? That's very shoddy :/

I'm still a probable. Probably.

Munkey

Beginner

Hey peoples! Will probably be there with my plus1 depending whether or not he can get the time off work :D will be great to see everyone again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.