• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Tooltip for stealth when hacking.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Okay, the headline is a bit cryptic. What I mean is that usually when you hack someone you can get the tooltip for the different units by hovering mouse-over. But as stealth-units don't show up you have to go through the manual instead.

Maybe all possible stealth-units could show up at the bottom like a:

"This ID may have: NINJA, SGT, SPIKE TRAP, STEALTH THIEVES, STEALTH HARVESTERS, ASSASSINS, SECRET AGENTS" if you all ready can see the guy have cloners.

Likewise, if there are Thug units visible: "This ID may have: TERRORIST LEADERS"

Basically, it won't show anything you not all ready know from what is visible, but it will save you a rummage through the manual to check whether the Assassins the guy may or may not have have eta 4 or 5...

Naturally, any SO who don't have clones would not register anything, as the hack don't reveal whether the guy is a SO or just haven't started developing.

Maybe helpful for anyone using a phone or similar to browse, as multiple pages can be a bit taxing on many phones.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Tooltip for stealth when hacking.

i like it... even though i tend not to use the tooltips all that often, having the option available would be nice.

The only thing that is disappointing is that it removes the first few round newbie experiences with learning about stealth routes. But perhaps that's a good thing.... I remember being quite surprised and confused the first time(s) stealth troops killed me.

saint1d

Head Gardener

I like the idea of not having to go to the manual, but I dont like the idea of saying "this player may have x,y,z troops". This would help me out loads because I am always forgetting about stealth troops especially on military route, and well, it's kinda my fault if I die so I dont think its fair I should get this assistance :lol:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Enrico said:
"This ID may have: NINJA, SGT, SPIKE TRAP, STEALTH THIEVES, STEALTH HARVESTERS, ASSASSINS, SECRET AGENTS" if you all ready can see the guy have cloners.

Likewise, if there are Thug units visible: "This ID may have: TERRORIST LEADERS"

Hm... how about "This poster may have: BRAIN"?

Or not...

Garrett

Landscape Designer

not that i'm against the idea, but while we are asking for stealth reminders.....

can it also pull up the hax0r and a brief spy summation in the tooltip? can it estimate an advantage ratio and flak needed? Can I also get it to tell me if the id is online or not and how much income i will be making per tick after a grab? will it also project effectiveness gain and alert me of any id's tagging along?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

The point isn't stealth-reminders, but not having to open a different page to check the spesifics on all stealth units.

For that matter, just add a list of all stealth units at the bottom of the haxxor page regardless of what route the ID is.

I don't see how that would detract from game. It's not abusable in any way either. You will still need to spy and calculate the target and use you brain and experience, to figure out what if anything he's hiding. In no way or form does it help the attacker. I mean, you get the tooltip for all units in the hack. Or do you purpose we should get rid of the as it makes it to easy? ;)

And Foxx, I'm sorry for you if you feel you have been issued with a dysfunctional brain. But that's not really on topic my friend :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

my point is more of where do we draw the line with tooltip requests? they are nice, but i think we are looking to use them to cut way down on things.... and IF I'M WRONG I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL TELL ME ;) - but in order to know to give the stealth guess, it will probably have to do something similar to a hax0r each time. I don't think static would be a good idea because then it would check one time and give you incomplete/inaccurate info. so basically i think you'd be asking the tooltip to do an instant hax0r on each id you casually drag your cursor over... so you see where I'm going?

saint1d

Head Gardener

Enrico said:
The point isn't stealth-reminders, but not having to open a different page to check the spesifics on all stealth units.

For that matter, just add a list of all stealth units at the bottom of the haxxor page regardless of what route the ID is.

I don't see how that would detract from game. It's not abusable in any way either.

perfect solution

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Garrett said:
my point is more of where do we draw the line with tooltip requests? they are nice, but i think we are looking to use them to cut way down on things.... and IF I'M WRONG I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL TELL ME ;) - but in order to know to give the stealth guess, it will probably have to do something similar to a hax0r each time. I don't think static would be a good idea because then it would check one time and give you incomplete/inaccurate info. so basically i think you'd be asking the tooltip to do an instant hax0r on each id you casually drag your cursor over... so you see where I'm going?

Huh, I think you misunderstood. Within the haxxorpage, you get the tooltip for each unit present when you hover above the unitname.
But as stealths don't show, you have to cross reference with the manual every time you hack someone who can have stealth.

I suggest all stealthunits by default is listed somewhere on the haxxorpage, so you can hover there to check the stats of stealth units. You would yourself have to figure out whether there actually are any stealth units at the id.

Npw you understand, Im not talking about the tooltip for each ID, which you seem to think. :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Enrico said:
But as stealths don't show, you have to cross reference with the manual every time you hack someone who can have stealth.

Do you? I can't say I've ever had to do that.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

tobapopalos said:
Enrico said:

Do you? I can't say I've ever had to do that.

That's because you iz pr0!

On topic: I don't like the idea, might create more confusion than make life easier. It's not sure that there are stealth units, and hax0rs are facts, not guesses.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

It's not abusable, but I feel it's putting too much info in the tooltips. Cluttering it, sort of.

Dematto

Weeder

I'd like it :) Disabled it on default and give players to options to enable this function (or even just enable 'show all stealth units in bushtarion at the bottom of the hax0r').

I find myself reffering to the manual often for a quick look at a units stats, eta or init, this would save me some time, especially on my mobile phone :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

If i'm not mistaking Azzer said he wants to make tooltips for units to work just like tooltips for id's ( [id!1] but something of the sort of [!Petrol bomber] ) and then you can put the stealth units in your journal so we don't get the page even more crowded.