• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

A revamp of the arsonist route - how to make it interesting.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
1. Scrap arsonist as a unit.
Thug is the only route with no bribing units at all. A major weakness.
Thus I suggest removing arsonist in favor of a new unit which is roughly something like this:

New-unit-with-a-cool-name: LET(briber) ETA 4 innit 405. **/*/**/** target: INN/NLD/NLT Fire: Middle/Close. Cost: 37.500.

Why: The Thief round would be about getting large number of flak, and a few distractors, to be good at land massing.
The secondary NLD/NLT targeting would be to strengthen the concept of Thugs being "anti-protestor". (Possibly make it INN/NLD only.)

2. Make Thiefs fire earlier than all other landstealers, so they in fact can be the "ultimate landstealers" to make landgrabs and leaving others sharing ticks empty handed (or at least get a lot less land than they expect.)

The new Thief-route would be extremly hard to flak, be very suited to make landgrabs but not very good vs LETs.

I think this route would be a bit different than any current routes.

Thoughts?

Sekishi

Pruner
Re: A revamp of the arsonist route - how to make it interesting.

Thief's before other landgrabbers. Will mean tones of Adrenaline or piggies all over the place. It will totaly destroy attacks from top to down.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Sekishi said:
Thief's before other landgrabbers. Will mean tones of Adrenaline or piggies all over the place. It will totaly destroy attacks from top to down.

Yes, but then, if the main attacker just recall, boom dies the thief! :)

So it would be a rather risky tactic. not to mention you would be a prime target for punishment-raids! (And landfat to booth)

Sekishi

Pruner

Enrico said:
Sekishi said:

So it would be a rather risky tactic. not to mention you would be a prime target for punishment-raids! (And landfat to booth)

It will lead to like in the past with Stealth Geo's that allies have smal friends that will piggie attacks from the top on allies etc forcing recall. That will be the point, and then the theif just recalls. the concept has been tried before and it failed with the stealth geo hense the reason why it changed as it did.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Sekishi said:
Enrico said:
Sekishi said:

It will lead to like in the past with Stealth Geo's that allies have smal friends that will piggie attacks from the top on allies etc forcing recall. That will be the point, and then the theif just recalls. the concept has been tried before and it failed with the stealth geo hense the reason why it changed as it did.

Then it would just be a case of playing chicken... who recalls first.

And I'm pretty sure the EULA specifically mentions that mutually agreed attacks is illegal.

Sekishi

Pruner

Enrico said:
Sekishi said:
Enrico said:
Sekishi said:

Then it would just be a case of playing chicken... who recalls first.

And I'm pretty sure the EULA specifically mentions that mutually agreed attacks is illegal.

yes, but proving it is very hard. What if the player actualy does spy ? and with the posibility of adren Thief its very easy to catch a mob going. No, it will cause a whole range of abuse issues.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

One possibility would be to reduce the thiefs max steal to 10%... that way geos would still steal 5% acres.

That way, the thief would steal all the possible acres if you attack someone smaller than you, and get the biggest share even if you don't.

And the target would not benefit at all. (They would still lose the same amount of acres.)

Lupus

Head Gardener

agreed that arsonist route is pretty much useless but i would have to disagree with the thiefs firing first i'm afraid that Sekishi is right,

Loz

Harvester

i played this route this round (inactive) my plan was to mass bikers and pwn pom all round with some terrors home to stop being flaked.

at the started i got flaked everyday i was stealing land a little bit farster than i stole it (TY AR) and it took aggggges to dev.

Arsonist is well over pirced for what it is all i could think of useing it for was a extra layer of INN flak but if i used it it took the eta up to 4 so its better to buy more gardies imo.

saying that i was high ranked and i only restarted cos i got bribed by a puppet after my AR droped and lost everything.

imo all that needs to change is Arsonist to be eta3 so u send send it with thiefs and its still a low eta and maybe a price drop.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

as another thief player (pure solo no less) :eek: yes there r more than 1 :p
i've found the route lots of fun to play :)
and arsonists r only usefull as that extra layer of flak
one idea i did like was from menedil during the creator's hour
replace arsonists with nutter and find a new unit to go with attack dogs :)

but other than the uselessness of arsonists the route as a whole is lots of fun to play
even with the constant worry of impending doom as u have so few units that actually are able to defend u

so pleeeeaaaasssssseeee replace arsonists but besides that awesome route :)
if u see a really land fat thief player say hi :p

Welshie

Harvester

A thug INN briber that fires after terrors and terror leaders? :|

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I like the thief route as it is. It doesn't need a briber. It is quick to develop, it's decent for defence in flak wars (I was rank 1 in eff for a while with just hoolies and HTs, even after PBs came out), it's got a powerful attacking unit (TLs), it has decent inn flak (arsonists), you can send eta 3 land grabs with bikers/hoolies and thieves, or eta 4 with arsonists/terrors/TLs. If you've played it and failed, then you didn't play it very well.

langa

Digger

Augustus said:
I'd rather see a converting unit, that converts All to either Hooligans or Heavy Thugs.

yeah i agree with changing the arsonist, its a paper weight. and the unit should definatly be a thug-converter instead of a briber because the route is already pretty strong (im thug atm). i think it should fire before tl's because otherwise your definatly going to be left with nothing to convert, possibly just target nlt nld so you can only really use on attacks and convert hippies/yobs to heavy thugs or hooligans.

sound good?

No-Dachi

Official Helper

langa said:
yeah i agree with changing the arsonist, its a paper weight. and the unit should definatly be a thug-converter instead of a briber because the route is already pretty strong (im thug atm). i think it should fire before tl's because otherwise your definatly going to be left with nothing to convert, possibly just target nlt nld so you can only really use on attacks and convert hippies/yobs to heavy thugs or hooligans.

sound good?

Let me get this right. You want it to fire pre TLs (which targets LET INN) so that your converter (which targets NLT NLD) will have anything to fire at..? Apart from HT this sub route has nothing at all that targets NLT or NLD.

Bunion

Harvester

No-Dachi said:
Apart from HT this sub route has nothing at all that targets NLT or NLD.
pssst...bikers

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Bunion said:
No-Dachi said:
Apart from HT this sub route has nothing at all that targets NLT or NLD.
pssst...bikers

Right. :p But we can hardly have a briber/converter targetting NLD that fires earlier than Bikers?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

i would now like to not that i have found arsonists to be very usefull :)
they make awesome flak i didnt realise it until now and if u happen to know my id u can see my happen arsonists :p (just please let them remain happy :p )

i dont think the route actually needs much changing at all now
to be successful u need to be active and like to attack lots :)
oh and having help to keep your land is always good :p

Ogluk (the fat thief :) )