Appreciating Rebels

kyx

Harvester
Hooray for Rebels!

Rebels are actually very powerful units. They can take lots of punishment for their cost and actually are very cheap when compared to other units such as officers and ninjas. I have seen them fight Secret Agents and Assassins that are worth more than the Rebels themselves, and end up doing more damage to the Secret Agents and Assassins. They have a relatively low init when they come out, and in the later round they can be massed and then they can absorb damage until it is their turn to fire.

Hooray for Rebels!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Appreciating Rebels

Nice, have you got any BRs lying around to show us? Not that I disbelieve or anything but i've like never seen Rebels in action and would like to see them fighing SAs/Sins :D

kyx

Harvester

My friend is using Rebels this round, and he isn't being attacked much. .. Here's one he sent me though.

[range] 6,000,000 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 11,756,286 allied staff.
[range] 8,000,000 hostile Assassin attacked, killing 4,682,248 allied staff.
[range] 966,567 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 831,545 hostile staff.
[range] 2,265,127 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 4,884,290 hostile staff.
[range] 19,079,926 allied Rebel attacked, killing 23,403,517 hostile staff.
[range] 396,819 hostile Ninja attacked, killing 683,974 allied staff.

Distracted: 5,715,835 [£75,724,571,800] enemies distracted.
Died: 23,403,517 [£252,747,635,600] enemies dead. 17,122,508 [£204,934,691,500] friendlies dead.

He originally had 26m Rebels.

damfrankie

Pruner

Well, I have played Rebels and think they can be very usefull in an alliance. Early in the game they have low init and can be used against all mills and offcourse as a great defense against incoming PB's. They loose much of that value though later in the game.
And as both fanatics and Extremists can have a great role in alliance play (they fire before POM).

But, you are incredibly vulnerable playing them solo. You just dont have anything on the range tick, so you need an alliance that can protect u there or text u to send away.

Big advantage of the route: Great units early in the game (fast low cost development)
Disadvantage: Weak units on range tick late in the game

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i think if you were playing it solo you would have to have a HUGE number of rebels (and a fair amount of HVs) and just try and make yourself a bad enough target so that its not really worth attacking you if you want to survive...

i played extremists in protest a few rounds back and through the protection of them got fairly high ranked...but i still got raped a couple of times pretty badly...

Augustus

Head Gardener

They're suprisingly effective against PoMs, something I found out this round :lol: However last round as a Puppet Master they were my first port of call whn I deved Puppets. They may be good at killing Flak, but I found them really easy to bribe. As has already been mentioned there isnt a decent range firing unit for that route which makes them very vulnerable IMO.

CLem

Head Gardener

Rebels effective against POMs??

CountZepplin

Pruner

SA isn't actually very good vs rebel... no armor stripper before SA. if the attacker had gotten more ninja, he'd probably have killed off more, after the rebels fired though.

but yes, otherwise your point stands, rebels are pretty useful :)

Augustus

Head Gardener

Podunk said:
CLem said:
Rebels effective against POMs??

Ya, Lethal or INN poms you know... ;)

I thought I'd have to end up explaining it to those who are less able to fill in the rest themselves :roll:
As some of those 'sharp' people out there have spotted Rebels only target LET/INN. However what I was refering to is the ability of PoMs to block Rebels, which they aren't actually that good at. Hope this had made things crystal clear for all those nitpickers out there ;)

CLem

Head Gardener

Hey sharp guy, if you have said POMs perform poorly against Rebels then this won't happen won't it! Damn I am the bad guy for trying to make things clear for the noobs out there *sigh* :x

Augustus

Head Gardener

I am so sorry that I did not spell it out clearly enough. Let me try again...

Political Masterminds are not very good at distracting Rebels compared to how easily they Distract other routes. The Health and Armour points of Rebels shown on the unit stats would suggest that PoMs would block them quite easily, but from my experience this is not the case. This does not mean that Rebels can kill PoMs, only that if you try attacking them you may find more flak is killed than would be expected.

Oh and Clem I didn't say you're the bad guy, my sarcastic reply was more aimed at Podunk. When people flame/shoot down/piss all over other peoples comments due to trivial issues with how they have phrased the sentence it becomes difficult to take these criticisms seriously.