Guild Wars 2

Alvestein

Garden Designer
boooo, used to love mixing and matching skills from different classes to get really cool combos :(

Gonna have such a hard time picking a class now.

Darryl

Head Gardener
I've seen quite a lot of coverage of it (Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, OMFGCata) and I'm finding it very... Meh. It just looks like another MMORPG, more PvP orientated, but I'm not all that excited for it. I'll probably stick with WoW..

As well as being a bit more PvP focussed, it's a game for PvE MMO players who are fed up of the only "challenging" PvE being the raiding gear treadmill. Plus the combat is infinitely more enjoyable, and the levelling side of the game isn't your standard collect x of y/kill half a dozen of these.

I think it was TB who said "there's not a single thing that WoW does that GW2 doesn't do better", and so far, I agree with him.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I've seen quite a lot of coverage of it (Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, OMFGCata) and I'm finding it very... Meh. It just looks like another MMORPG, more PvP orientated, but I'm not all that excited for it. I'll probably stick with WoW..

As well as being a bit more PvP focussed, it's a game for PvE MMO players who are fed up of the only "challenging" PvE being the raiding gear treadmill. Plus the combat is infinitely more enjoyable, and the levelling side of the game isn't your standard collect x of y/kill half a dozen of these.

I think it was TB who said "there's not a single thing that WoW does that GW2 doesn't do better", and so far, I agree with him.

But then I've see a lot of complaints about the combat being too boring, having only 5 skills because of weapons and stuff gets boring, that once you get to endgame there will be very little content that is PvE focused and while the questing is interesting and world events look fun, like Rift, no one will care about them two months into the game and they will be mostly ignored.

I'm just really underwhelmed by everything I've seen, the hype is so huge, and it all just looks and sounds so very... Meh.

Darryl

Head Gardener
You might have a point regarding the end-game content, nonoe really klnows yet. AN have said that they've not fully shared their plans yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

Regarding the combat, you have ten abilities, 5 weapon dependent (or attunement for elementalist), a healing spell, 3 utility spells and an elite spell. And you will use all 10, all of the time, in addition, I have been told that you'll frequently want to swap weapons, to have another 5 at your disposal, giving 15. There are certainly more abilities in a WoW spellbook, but how many classes use more than 10 of them in a fight? On my mage I usually only have to use 4/5, when it comes to PvE.