Scappies

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Speaking of, Crazed Droids OR Tyrant Drones should be a construction. The development times for robotics is ridiculously slow.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Speaking of, Crazed Droids OR Tyrant Drones should be a construction. The development times for robotics is ridiculously slow.

i agree with this suggestion. Once you get CW and TD, which pawn, there is no point in delaying crazed droids (which are useless but necessary for p-unit) and p-unit

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
and CDs have effectively become a massively useless unit.. Was much better when it targetted Inn, fired all ticks, and did AD(tractor/CG Killer!). Now only firing last-tick, and targetting all not doing much damage, is just another way to clear flak.. :/ and not even a very efficient way.

Max

Garden Designer
and CDs have effectively become a massively useless unit.. Was much better when it targetted Inn, fired all ticks, and did AD(tractor/CG Killer!). Now only firing last-tick, and targetting all not doing much damage, is just another way to clear flak.. :/ and not even a very efficient way.

Hahaha, couldn't agree with you more, I've been hankering for CGs to return to their former glory for years :D

That said, when Azzer nerfed tractors (one of his last unit changes if I recall correctly) tractor flakking just hasn't really taken off.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
yeah but you could if sad play some robo routes as a last tick pain in the ass in many ways.scrap and crazeds. but the unit itself wont improve the ratio or anything which is a shame

the only use i thought would be good to help last tick poms if u get a decent number of them... with your punit (scraps/garg or trexes). maybe can even help you land or not get blocked if getting pom/guru defence last tick. but nld|all wud be better if that was thier intended use

but i wouldn't advise them to be used to kill flak as the ratio is like 1:7 on flak.... they dont exactly work out cost effective at £62k a pop. you may as well buy hippies if thats how you want to use them

if they fired before sleeping gas traps perhaps that would be nice to some extent, but rarely would buying up sgt on a robo incoming help prevent land loss anyway. but yeah original scraps were better. A bit of innocent directed stripping.

as for any other use last tick. aka aiding dogs etc. poms are better as the cannon fodder cleaners

Last edited:

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
CDs main use is for easy honour/fame on doomed defense, and to kill gurus and such if you get LT-blocked.. Pretty useless unit as it stands

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I worked out a use for crazies.
Send them at a pom with hypnos then go back with scrappies :p.

It's a bit long-winded?

firstly...crazed droids fire before scraps so there is no need to send them on separate ticks.

secondly (if manual is correct)

Name: Scrap Bot [£50,000]
Unit Type: Robotic
Unit Class: LET
Attack type: Converts [close]
Converts Unit Type(s): Machine/Vehicle, Robotic

Name: Hypnotist [£72,000]
Unit Type: Living

aka, hypnos are not able to be converted...unless you meant you wanted to convert the bribed crazed droids. bit silly. may as well just hit a target that you can convert. without donating troops to. and one where the unit you donate wont fire back before you fire. or be hard to convert. aka....autos

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
willy..

he was saying you send the crazed to get bribed, and then go back with scraps to convert those droids..

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
willy..

he was saying you send the crazed to get bribed, and then go back with scraps to convert those droids..

yeah i mentioned some babble in the last sentence incase this was the case... crazeds are 62k a pop scraps 50k. if you are sacraficing units. then fighting them and having them kill you in an attempt to bribe. you may as well just buy more scraps and hit a striker/spiketraps. or atleast send autos so they dont fire back at you.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
ahh, sorry.. Could have sworn that wasn't there when I read it the first time ^_^

Autos or should WOULD be better, but you have to have gone that side of the route in order to have them :p Whilst CDs are available to all.

Though Autos don't have as much Armor and would be more liable to be blocked before the hypnos fire than CDs would.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
mostly i thinking about solo hits and you need to get as much there as poss and you dont really wanna waste space with crazies. You go back with some td to kill the gards/hypnos but dont really touch the crazies/tractors. Striker/apache really kick **** outta scraps as you would expect. I dont recommend it but just trying to come up with a reason to make crazed droids.