• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Sticky first post of thread option

timtadams

Landscape Designer
pretty self explanatory. Give people (with securities i guess) the option to sticky the first post of a thread. Then the post will remain at the top of the thread, regardless of page.

For example, you want to inform people of defensive tactics (or whatever), then this can be edited into the stickied post of the defence thread, and that way it is garunteed to be seen by everyone.

Hope i made sense

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
This is a good idea imo. Some threads like an IRC thread or contact details thread it would really help to make sure the important information is the first thing you see and you don't have to go trawling through a load of what is effectively spam to find it.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Make a thread readable by all, but have it so no one else can add to it?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
No...you want people to post on the thread but you want the first post to stay at the top of the thread so everyone can see it. It does make sense.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
good suggestion, donno if its optional in vbulletin though.

i have the option to show last posts first so iam always reading backwards :p

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I think it would be a good idea in both scenarios. Certainly with the amount of rubbish/spam that gets posted in between on politics, it would be excellent to see the first post. Similarly on forums- all the flaming can detract from what is actually the point of the thread.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think it would be a good idea in both scenarios. Certainly with the amount of rubbish/spam that gets posted in between on politics, it would be excellent to see the first post. Similarly on forums- all the flaming can detract from what is actually the point of the thread.

Ding ding ding. we have a winner.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
saw the title, came on to say yes please....

Just need it in game, on the forums you start with the opening point allready (or atleast my vb does)

would make planned attacks nice to organise even if someone hasnt been given complete control of editing politics, if there is this feature and they can edit thier own posts and they dont need to repost all the time.