Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Help and Support

Old 26-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #16
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

i thought it was just the fact that there was defence, no? Pretty sure the presence of defence was an automatic addition.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
Steve_God
Official Helper
Garden Designer

Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Steve_God Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_God

Tbh, I thought it was just the fact they were 'in' an alliance that added it?

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #18
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

well there are 2 different types of addition

1 - addition due to being in an alliance
2- addition due to defenders

now i've said - score size of the defenders (not what they sent, i was unclear) adds and alci said - just that it had been sent adds. we said similar things. my statement a little more ambiguous. also I believe alci is saying that the boost is a fixed amount regardless the score.

i honestly am unsure if it's the amount of D that is sent. i think the amount sent has more to do with honor gain (as in killing lets is more honorable than nonlet) over fame gain. i think sending even a fake 1 unit (in cases of stealth) does have some impact.

so in attacking someone solo:
67% minimum gains you honor.
if you attack with friends, then there needs to be defenders to be honorable still.
units sent in defense will count towards honor gain.

so in attacking an alliance:
3-5% of alliance score boosts target score.
defenders boost
how many units/type(s)/and actually killing some, boosts.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Elevnos
Tree Surgeon

Elevnos is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Elevnos

I've always thought below 67% was negative honour gain, 67-70% it doesn't change (or very small impact depending on other circumstances) and above 70% you gain honour in most cases. As far as I'm aware it's 5% of the alliance score is added (the average for a player in the alliance you're attacking).
Elevnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

How does honour/fame work? Azzer attached a random number generator to the game mechanics and told us all it was this complicated formula then sat back and laughed at us all as the game threw out random numbers and we tried to explain it.

I've yet to see anything in all the time I've played the game to convince me otherwise...
antisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

MattM has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to MattM

Case in point; attacking at 75%, no defence, solo target.

[range] 1,313,648 allied Biker attacked, killing 1 hostile staff.
[range] 1,633,733 allied Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 137,349 hostile staff.

Died: 137,350 [13,740,900] enemies dead.

You gained 19 effectiveness.
You gained 12.27 fame.
You gained 11.01 honour.

Bizarrely high h/f, compared to two ticks later:

[close] 250,000 hostile Protestor Leader attacked, distracting 62,480 allied staff.
[close] 3,600,000 hostile Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 11,685,350 allied staff.
[close] 1,051,634 allied Biker attacked, killing 864,733 hostile staff.
[close] 2,089,372 hostile Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 90,275 allied staff.
[close] 152,596 hostile Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 22,726 allied staff.
[close] 219,042 allied Heavy Thug attacked, killing 64,485 hostile staff.
[close] 2,709,712 allied Jeep attacked, killing 195,273 hostile staff.

Distracted: 11,860,831 [76,208,158,000] friendlies distracted.
Died: 1,124,491 [27,930,033,500] enemies dead.

You gained 32,501 effectiveness.
You gained 3.49 fame.
You gained 7.31 honour.
Old 26-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
MattM
IRC Operator
Tree Surgeon

MattM has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to MattM

For what it's worth, my take on what I posted above (to try and rationalise it) is that the target sent out on the first tick, so I killed everything he had at home. Thus the h/f calculator believes this tick was very successful and hence grants a lot of h/f. On the last tick, only a small number of the foe's forces were killed, so it was less successful, and hence granted less h/f.

That being said, the mid-tick was:

[middle] 1,313,648 allied Biker attacked, killing 1 hostile staff.
[middle] 1,633,733 allied Petrol Bomber lobbed Molotov Cocktails and killed 102 hostile staff.

Died: 103 [71,000] enemies dead.

You gained 0 effectiveness.
You gained 2.45 fame.
You gained 4.83 honour.

So I am inclined to believe antisback's postulate- h/f is just a complete lottery
Old 26-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #23
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisback View Post
How does honour/fame work? Azzer attached a random number generator to the game mechanics and told us all it was this complicated formula then sat back and laughed at us all as the game threw out random numbers and we tried to explain it.

I've yet to see anything in all the time I've played the game to convince me otherwise...
This.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Stargazer has started the journey down Repute Road

attacking at 40% where just geos fire has lost me honour every time (about 30-50)..no one trailing or anything
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #25
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

Attacking at 40% will lose you honour every time (w/o def)
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
In which case, here's a tip - if you attack between 40-67% and it's only a flak attack (i.e. nothing fires apart from the land stealing geos) you'll lose a pretty negligible amount of honour, like -5.

If you repeat hit the same target though you lose honour far quicker.

But you may find you can "get away with" small honour losses which are worth the land gain.
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
Attacking at 40% will lose you honour every time (w/o def)
Unless they're in a decent-sized alliance. The 3% alliance score makes a big difference.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #28
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

Mattm. You killed a mixture of the guys own units first tick, probably lethals too.

You killed pure nld following ticks. Hitting nld/nlt gives less honour. Especially pure nld or pure nlt. As it was to stop you being able to farm h/f from hitting poms who provide little fight back.

stargazer... Attacking 66% and above will not lose you honour. What max was on about was if you just flak through and grab land at say 40% you only lose a small amount of honour and only if u steal. this can be balanced against killing an enemy in the honourable range. Lose 15 honour grabbing land gain 50-70 honour over a few ticks hitting at honourable range.

As for honourable attacks vs defence. Ive had BRs where ive lost honour one tick against 3 fake defenders. But gained it the following tick against 1 real defender. Having actual troops and actual troop score defending against you makes a massive impact on h/f calc. As for just the fact there is defence, its impact to me appears so negligible im unsure if it has an effect.

Finally honour gains etc are proportional to attack range. At over 70% range its much more noticable gain. I also suspect the stuff affecting fame and effectiveness may impact to a much lesser extent the honour. Eg. Rushing < honour. No proof but i think it might have a lesser effect. Certainly noticably effects fame
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #29
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Quote:
Mattm. You killed a mixture of the guys own units first tick, probably lethals too.

stargazer... Attacking 66% and above will not lose you honour. What max was on about was if you just flak through and grab land at say 40% you only lose a small amount of honour and only if u steal. this can be balanced against killing an enemy in the honourable range. Lose 15 honour grabbing land gain 50-70 honour over a few ticks hitting at honourable
Promise you like 8/10 times I just pure flak at 40% (only thing fires is geos LT/no one following etc)I loose massive honour like 40-70,it's not got anything to do with cyborgs has it?

Virus born,virus bred.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #30
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:

stargazer... Attacking 66% and above will not lose you honour. What max was on about was if you just flak through and grab land at say 40% you only lose a small amount of honour and only if u steal. this can be balanced against killing an enemy in the honourable range. Lose 15 honour grabbing land gain 50-70 honour over a few ticks hitting at honourable
Promise you like 8/10 times I just pure flak at 40% (only thing fires is geos LT/no one following etc)I loose massive honour like 40-70,it's not got anything to do with cyborgs has it?
Only thing I can think of is that you must have hit them before.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Help and Support