Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Help and Support

Old 27-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #31
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

Lesson #5

When getting attacked by a much smaller player, you can "retaliate" and counter-attack him even if he's below your 30% range(with +2 mod). The minimal range for retaliations is 5%

Lesson #2, which was deleted because the mod was incompetent

Rangers are epic. Start using them more.
Old 27-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #32
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Lesson #2 is incorrect. Rangers are definitely not epic. A jack of all trades route pretty much bans any unit in that route from being epic It's not a terrible route, but it's not a great one. Does a number of things okay, but nothing really exceptionally well.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #33
Elevnos
Tree Surgeon

Elevnos is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Elevnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Lesson #2 is incorrect. Rangers are definitely not epic. A jack of all trades route pretty much bans any unit in that route from being epic It's not a terrible route, but it's not a great one. Does a number of things okay, but nothing really exceptionally well.
Killing SA players?
Old 27-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #34
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

Please ignore this hoser. (alci)
Old 27-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #35
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

They are good at killing SAs, but I don't think they are the best unit in the game for doing so. I'd rather take a whack of Robos against SAs, rather than rangers

PA + TD = dead SA.

Edit: Apparently Vamps are ****. They used to be anti SA, guess that explains why you don't see vamps anymore lol

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

Quote:
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.

Last edited by Alcibiades; 27-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 28-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #36
timtadams
Landscape Designer

timtadams has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Lesson #4

You can defend your pnaps or ally-mates even if you have a defensive mob returning from them.
This may be trivial, but the same is true for sending to ID 1

Problem?

R41: Gargantua [1,538,706]
timtadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #37
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Lesson #6

Always be aware of the special abilities that some units of the fantasy route have.

Iron Golems turn indestructible at random times (or at least I think they're random)
Apprentices and Sorcerers randomly become weaker/stronger at times
Vampires deal more damage at night, "especially when the weather looks stormy".
Werewolves and Witches get a boost at night, when the skies are clear and the moon shines

Hope I didn't get any of those wrong
Old 29-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #38
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Lesson #7

I've noticed that people tend to buy units in relation to preset ratios, which I find utterly idiotic. You can never achieve maximum efficiency with your ratios if you don't take into account the player base, and what you're more likely to fight against.
My lesson is: stop being a lazy ******* and hack around, take note of who is likely to attack you and who you're likely to want to attack and buy units that you will actually have use for.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #39
edd
Tree Surgeon

edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road

I'm pretty sure Golems become untargettable not indestructable, if you are using them as LET flak this is not a good thing But maybe i am remembering the br's where it happened to me incorrectly.

Last edited by edd; 29-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #40
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

If anyone knows for sure if golems turn indestructible, or just can't be targetted please share.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #41
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

i think they become 'invincible' despite being targetted. i had those invincible golems a few times and i didn't really get 'more' damages to my sorcs than when golems flakked.
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #42
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes

I agree, from memory invincible rather than untargetted.

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #43
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Invincible. Not untargettable. That would be a hilarious bug though.

Quote:
Old 29-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #44
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Invincible. Not untargettable. That would be a hilarious bug though.
ahahaha, yeah XD for my golems being untargettable, i lose MORE sorcs that cost more. golems are there as LET flak and you have to gamble sometimes for losing more of other units. it doesn't sound like a 'bonus' but a 'malus'. :p
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #45
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

and 'malus' sounds like a 'phallus'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Help and Support